Human capital/education

Prof. Roy has raised the issue of Human Capital. Given Lucas' view on the
positive social externalities of education, would he plese check out
Parth's views at:

http://www.cinenet.net/lists/india_policy/1998/Jul/msg00242.html

Frankly, one is not quite bothered whether Schultz or anyone else started
this theory. We are interested primarily in getting as many people of
India educated, as possible. So, what is Prof. Roy's view on free
education, and how we should be promoting education to the masses

SS