Re: In Defence of Hindi Movies

I would second Rajeev's view point here, that we do need to revive
Sanskrit to an extent that at least India has a college, or for that
matter a University catering to Sanskrit literature and related
studies.
(I am not sure if we have one right now). On the same lines, we do
need to revive Hindi also, the classical Hindustani, as used by greats
like Pt.  Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Munshi Premchand, to bring it to a
level that it is well recognised in the whole country. Bollywood
Hinglish can also have it's special position as being the (probably
only) uniting agent of the nation.
I'm sure the regional languages too can be taught in other states
depending upon formulation of a suitable policy, but other than
English, we need to have a native language spoken all throughout the
nation - like any other nation which takes pride in it's national
language.