Re: Manifesto

Dear Friends,

> I don't believe that the govt. should be involved in any selection of
> teachers/ Principals or in the management of schools, directly or

The concern expressed supportive to this argument stems from the
corruption, teachers being not accountable and related issues. But
these are exactly the points among others which we need to clear up
and in that circumstance, assuming the existence of a committed
governement, there is no reason as to why the state cannot provide
top level infrastructure. The coexistence of both private and
government schools can continue with both of them required to have
uniform strategies of appointment and facilities. The concepts
of no job security etc. might prove to be counterproductive in the
long run. I still believe that it is the politics or rather the
imbroglio in the present political scenario that has encouraged
everyone to take every other person for a ride irrespective of the
profession. Let me also add that a well directed mixture of politics
and academics has done lots of good things although not in the
present context of discussion and in addition  one has to think of
what is the definition of "well directed".

Regards and cheers

madhu