Re: IDEALIST

Sanjeev Sabhlok wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, P.K.  Madhu wrote:

> Now consider the alternative assumption: "parents are committed to their
> children's education and its quality." Does this sound false?
>
> I use this assumption in completely HANDING OVER the management of schools
> back to the people. The stake holders must manage. Not a bureaucracy whose
> intersts are different from those of the people. Trust me: this is also
> the most democratic method of functioning; power is being give to YOU -
> the citizen, to decide on who will teach your children. Do you dislike
> that responsibility? Do you like to be spoon fed from above? I was
> Secretary, Education, Assam a few years ago: today I would be
> Commissioner: if I continue for longer, I will be Education Sec. of GOI.
> (could be?) ... Do you like to take my choices of appintees of teachers?
> Do you not trust yourself? Why do you like to make me your "mai-baap"? Why
> can' you take care of yourself?
>
> Do you think that parents are dumb and cannot take care of themselves? I
> would in any case like to see 1 billion human beings in India and not 1
> billion sheep, who cannot think for themselves.

----------Beautiful  --------------   Very Well Done !-------------

VERY LOGICAL & SENSIBLE !

Education by Arm Twisting the Hands of the Parents thru
Student's future, is what is going on.  In Govt. School
Teachers Just relax, and hardly work, for they bribe their
way into jobs. The jobs are paying, and only Goal is Pension
and retirement.

Regards: Sai Ram Sathya Kumar.