(off-topic: urgent)

I have received a personal request from the Chief Minister's Secretariat,
Assam, to publicize Prafulla Mahanta's appeal for contributions for flood
relief since the state is badly affected by floods at the moment. I have
therefore put up a link to the appeal on IPI's web page.

I wish to take permission from all of you to do such things in the future,
whenever necessary. These simple things from our side (of promoting such
appeals) help us do something for our fellowmen in the 'field' who are
suffering in more ways than one.

Those who have access to web sites where many Indians drop by (such as
BDP, etc.) might also take a decision in this favor: to promote the such

Thanks, and sorry for the interruption.