RE: interesting:

While there are many abuses in the system, thinking that NGO based system is
a solution may overlook the fact that unless social-poltical coalitions
and/or their self interest(brought about by demands for greater
accountabilty and transparency, particularly from the middle classes)
changing the form may not bring about as much of a change as one may think.

Also, decentralised solutions are likely to be more efficient in the Indian
case. So setting one type of arrangement as THE model may not be entirely
appropriate.Question of what the education is for also needs to be
addressed. In general, changes will be increamental, and not radical in the
Indian case.