About anonymous postings: an administrative note.

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 enecne@md3.vsnl.net.in wrote:

> It would not be a bad idea to state who we are when you post in this list
> for what are you afraid of if you are speaking truth and not gossip?.
> Best regards to all
> S.V.Ramani

Dear SV, Thanks for your view. But one thing I think we should value above
all, on this list, is personal discretion to remain anonymous. I couldn't
care less if a real person was speaking behind a message or someone else
faking that person. I am - and I think most here are - interested in the
validity of the argument/ suggestion proposed. Therefore many persons on
this list have chosen from time to time to remain anonymous and to post
through me (I do guarantee anonymity for those seeking it). Professional
constraints, personal reservations, etc., may make people remain
anonymous. So, do we agree to respect everyone's choice?

About me, check out: www-scf.usc.edu/~ssabhlok/ in case we have not met
'virtually' earlier. You will be offered virtual coffee in my virtual
home... Enjoy these debates! SS