education- nul- policy

1. we must suggest workable modifications to make in the existing
educational system to achieve the objective of educating and developing the
intellect of the child better. To define a unique policy-will be  straight
jacket------we must help creation of a varieties of options to fit the
various needs in different sections of the society.

2. Indians are considered  an above average intellligent race, with
the capasity to understand and assimilate a wide range of things
simultaneously. This  strength must  be developed naturally in the child. A
singular policy will kill this. To  strengthen this basic intelect of the
child, our priorities should be to give the children first the ability to
read and write and think in its mother tongue. Then give the child the
ability to read and write another language of his choice depending on the
society in which he lives at the moment. It can be English or Hindi  or
Telugu or what ever that would be reconned as relevant by his biggest
stakeholders --his parents and teachers.-The social and prosperty or (lack
of it level )in which he is born will play a decisive role in this choice.

3. Let us give the child the ability to think and analyse---- mathematics,
history and science ,which looks at practical day to day applications he
sees and faces are subjects that would develop these analytical faculties.
We need to give the child the ability to understand others and adjust
working with others with minimum conflict.This is a primary requirement in
his subsequnt social behavious in the society in which he would live. Do it
through providing  facilities for the children to play and do things
together as much as possible. We  must expose him to multiple faiths so
understands that the Society is more than what consittues him family and

5. By the time these are provided in the school up to class 5 there is a
clear interest and awareness developed in the child about his abilities to
get on with this learning process----an awareness apparent to others.----to
his parents and most importantlly his role his teachers to whom he looks up
to.--- you do not need  private " public schools"
or elite educational institutions only  to do these. Simple neighbourhood
goverment schools could do this as well and perhaps with less cost and
better effect.

7. Our primary obective should be to make this basic ingredients of primary
education be available all children and in good quality. For those who can
not afford it give it to them free. To get maximum  number of our children
to get this  primary education with minimum cost should be the  prime
objective. you can do it in thatched shools, you can do it in small tiled
roof schools, you can do with the village teacher under the  banyan tree
and you can do it a huge metro school complex orto in a boarding school.

8. The person who can make all this happen and lay the foundation of the
education is now generally forgotten and relegated -----THE PRIMARY SCHOOL

Only when  we all  help to develop in the country a population of
TEACHER can  we deliver the real foundation  for the education of our
children. Our history and
tradition has given us plenty of advice with examples on this By making
eduaction a business, to day  we seem to forget this advice from the
history.  MANIFESTOS AND POLICIES INDIA are NOT the NEED of the hour
--THERE IS PLENTY AVILABLE /we need specific action plans that woud make a

best regards to all    My apologies as I failed in my efforts to keep this
piece short.

Enercon CandE, B 602, Riverdale, 4th Main Road Extn
Kotturgardens, Madras, India 600085
Fax 91 44 4344500/ 2350305 Tel 91 44  4419862