RE: Environment - open for discussion

	There is a strong case for the argument that environment management
will matter more and more in the future. It is particularly the poor who
suffer most from poor environmental management through soil degradation,
water scarcity, floods, mud-slides, and pollution related diseases.

	This point has been argued in a new text book entitled  environment
	and the Developing world:Principles, Policies, and Management,
Chischester:John Wiley , 1998 by Gupta, A. and Asher, M.

	The book has extensive examples from India and other developing
countries.

	Mukul