well: factual error?

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Sanjeev Sabhlok wrote:

> Gandhi's mother was a villager. She created a Gandhi. Would
> you rather trust her or would you rather trust a teacher who has paid a
> bribe to become a government teacher. You decide.

Pardon me, folks, but suddenly struck me: I don't know whether Gandhi's
mother was a villager or not. She was a traditional lady who apparently
focused on simple traditions of goodness that we know all Indian mothers
inculcate in their children. My memory of what I read in my childhood
story books is vague. Please forgiveth me my lapses of memory, and correct
me for my factual errors. We must try to be as factual as possible, given
the constraint of e-mail systems and quick responses which are not only
un-edited but often not researched. Ah the perils of e-mail!

SS