Water Management

Like any one else, I agree with Srikant as this
all needs to happen and I can not agree more when
he suggests that it should come from with in the
system. Here is what makes me think. I
also agree that such facilities should be under
the jurisiction of Municipalities.  But some how
if they have all the control, then we will never
see any more change then we have today. I am
not sure as how can we setup a system of
accountability and market forces for the system
to be monitored and improved from within. I would
like to hear if any one knows as how it is
managed in the developed countries.

Utkarsh

water as a resource, natural and vital, should
be a public resource but it's supply shall be
governed by the city/state administration. Every
individual shall be given a right to use it, but
under a strict metering law, whoever uses it
shall be held responsible for it's utility,
monetarily, imposing penalties wherever needed.

- this calls for an effective monitoring system
set up to measure the consumption from 'legal
outlets only'. Any illegal outlets, as happen to
suddenly appear in this country, given the
easily accessible pipelines laid along roadside,
which also forms a good area for hutments to
develop, shall be monitored
strictly.
Coming up with the rest
in the next mail