Re: education- nul- policy

> MANIFESTOS AND POLICIES INDIA are NOT the NEED of the hour --THERE
> IS PLENTY AVILABLE /we need specific action plans that woud make a
> contribution.

We're going to hear this criticism offered often. Prem and Sanjeev will
no doubt recall that I have myself said this in the past, and since
yielded to their opinion on IP with my reservations intact. In fairness
to those who have participated in debates here, it must be said that
whereas there is skepticism that this effort can help, there is no
evidence that action alone (as in the past) has helped. This is the
primary reason IP deserves the benefit of doubters.

Still, I urge debaters (especially those who agreed with Sanjeev and
Prem in the past) to be on the lookout for suitable avenues where these
policies can be used in pilot programs. Perhaps we should consider a
short debate on how we hope to translate the policies into action. Since
we are not authorized or empowered to do that, we must find a political
platform to ride on, or an independent way of achieving our ends.
Lacking the former, I proposed small efforts at the latter. I still
think that will help.

Ash