Soul Searching.

Administrative note:

Hi everyone,

I (Puneet) have taken over the job of moderating this list from Madhu.
Hope it will be fun reading through the discussions with an eye of a
moderator as much! I request you all to adhere to topics of discussion,
brevity and a good mail handler (elm, pine, netscape/IE mail etc) from
everyone on the list (also make sure your mails are in proper formats, ascii or
mime preferably). If anybody doesnt have access to these mail handlers or
has any problems feel free to contact me @ psingh@scdt.intel.com

Original From Arvind :
"I should object to this sweeping generalization. The least you can do is
assume that the people you come into contact with are honest, especially
when you know nothing about them. If you have solid proof that the"

Dear Arvind,

Please do not take the remarks of Ms Santha literally.
I have also referred to this matter in her letter and commented on it in
my posting on Clarification & The Bend in the River.

I do not refer to persons on this IPI list. And neither does she, I
think. This is general observation about people who travel outside India
not for tourism but more or less as a Carrier. They make a lot of money
buying things abroad and seeling it off in India.

As far as the people on this list are concerned, how can one imagine
even making such a charge. These are some of best-hearted people all
motivated by the single thought to contribute something towards  helping
India overcome its "shackles".

I find people posting mail at all hours of morning - 4.30 a.m. which
means they  forfeit a lot of comfort and pleasure. No one in his right
mind would accuse this set of doing things referred to by Ms Shantha or

I hope this clarifies things.

All my very best Regards to you,

Sincerely yours,

Vinay Chandekar.